Making the most of retirement checklist
New to a Carinity retirement village?
Read tips from our residents for getting the best out of your new lifestyle below:
- Go and say hello to your neighbours;
- Attend community events;
- Invite your neighbours in for a cuppa;
- Make a habit of walking around the village. Consider joining or starting a walking group;
- It’s a great way to connect with others, contribute and strengthen your community;
- Learn something new or teach others. It’s good for the brain and you may discover a new hobby or learn a new skill;
- Something missing in your community? Talk to staff and residents about starting a new interest group or suggest guest speakers;
- Smell the roses, guilt free.
Carinity Wishart Gardens residents, Pat (left) and Joan, enjoy socialising and taking care of each other and other residents.