Carinity Sunflower House is a brand new short term accommodation (STA) thoughtfully designed for people with disabilities. We’re located in the Scenic Rim town of Kalbar, 60 minutes south of Brisbane or inland from the Gold Coast.
We specialise in offering disability respite for up to 14 days at a time, which can be fully funded by your NDIS plan.
When you stay at Sunflower House, you’ll benefit from the fresh country air, a welcoming environment and around the clock support.
Things to do in Kalbar
We want you to make the most of your respite stay and will work with you and your family or carers to create a plan that includes all your needs, preferences and interests. Here are some of the local attractions you might like to experience:
- Attend local shows, including the famous Kalbar Sunflower Festival
- Spend a day at Australia’s largest camel farm, Summer Land Camels
- Enjoy locally grown produce at one of Kalbar’s gourmet cafes, pubs and bakeries
- Delight your senses at Elderflower Farm, set on the stunning grounds of the Scenic Rim Farm Shop
- Explore the many quirky stores selling handmade gifts, including the old fashioned lolly shop, Postmaster’s Sweets
- View evidence of Kalbar’s pioneering heritage with its beautiful historic buildings
- Visit the smaller nearby towns of Roadvale, Harrisville and Peak Crossing
- Relax within the stunning mountain views