Want to get involved in your local community? Want to make a real difference in the lives of others? Want to meet new friends and benefit from new experiences? Volunteering is a meaningful way to support your community and give back.
Our volunteers make a positive difference in the lives of elderly or vulnerable Queenslanders.
Volunteers inspire hope through their dedication and generosity of providing practical and social assistance at our service locations.
Where can you volunteer?
We welcome volunteers across the entire organisation.
- Residential Aged Care – hear from some of our aged care volunteers
- Home Care
- Retirement Living
- Carinity Education
- Community Services, such as youth accommodation and disability
How can you help?
Almost all of our services welcome volunteers. Volunteers support the organisation in a diverse range of ways – and we’re always interested to hear how you might be able to help the Queenslanders we support.
- Social visits for our aged care residents. Our residents love to chat – social connection is so important and it’s one of the easiest ways to volunteer.
- Assisting with table games and group activities
- Entertainers, artists, musicians
- Gardening enthusiasts
- Transport assistance to appointments and shopping
- Bus drivers for weekly outings
- Mentoring and tutoring at our schools
- Chaplaincy support to those in hospital, residential care, at home and in prisons.